Gummy Smile Treatment Beverly Hills, CA
Many patients come to TruGlo Modern Dentistry for gummy smile treatment Beverly Hills, CA families recommend. A gummy smile is one that shows an excess of gum tissue around the teeth. It is also referred to as an excessive gingival display. If a patient has more than three millimeters of exposed gum, it is considered a gummy smile.
What Causes a Gummy Smile?
There are a number of reasons why someone might have an issue with an excessive gingival display. These include:
- The patient has a genetic predisposition for excessive gum tissue
- The patient’s lip is too short.
- Gums partially cover the patient’s teeth because of an abnormality in dental development during their childhood.
- The patient’s top jaw does not align correctly with the bottom jaw. The protrusion of the top jaw causes that “gummy smile” look.
Can a Gummy Smile Be Fixed?
Absolutely! When you’re looking for gummy smile treatment in Beverly Hills, look no further than TruGlo Modern Dentistry. There are a number of treatment options patients have to correct their gummy smile, depending on what is causing the issue:
- Orthodontic treatment – Orthodontic appliances and other treatments can push your teeth upward, correcting that gummy smile.
- Crown lengthening –A crown lengthening procedure will help remove and reshape any excess gum tissue. This is done by trimming the gum and bone tissue to reveal more of the tooth structure. This will expose more of the crown of your teeth, which gives your teeth the appearance of looking longer. This will help make your smile look less gummy.
- Gingivectomy – This procedure removes gum tissue tin order to even out the gum line, however, if there is too much bone tissue under the gums, there is always the chance the gums may grow back into their original position.
- Crowns or veneers – As long as a patient has no other oral health issues that are causing the gummy smile, crowns or veneers can also help enhance their smile. The crowns and veneers help make teeth look longer, again making the patient’s smile appear less gummy.
- Botox injections – Many people think of Botox injections as just a cosmetic procedure for wrinkles, but these injections provide positive results for a number of issues. One of these issues is gummy smiles. Sometimes, a patient has lip muscles that are hyperactive. This means that these movements also expose the excess gum tissue. Botox injections can help alleviate those lip muscle movements. Generally, patients need to repeat the procedure every six to 12 months.
Contact Our Office Today
If you are uncomfortable with your smile, call our office to find out what options are available to you. First, we will determine why you have a gummy smile and then we’ll discuss the different treatment options that may be available to you. Call TruGlo Modern Dentistry to schedule a consultation and learn more about gummy smile treatment in Beverly Hills. You’ll just want to show that new smile off!