TMJ Treatment Beverly Hills, CA
If you are suffering from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, consider contacting our practice to find out about the TMJ treatment Beverly Hills, CA patients recommend that we provide. At TruGlo Modern Dentistry, we understand how painful this condition is and we are here to help.
What IS TMJ Disorder?
The temporomandibular joint is the joint that connects the top and bottom jawbone. There is a joint on each side of the jaw, acting like a hinge, connecting the jawbone to the skull.
TMJ disorder is caused by a bite misalignment that begins at that joint. It is estimated that at least 10 million people in this country suffer from the painful disorder. The pain may be due to a combination of factors, including jaw injury, arthritis, or genetics. Some patients who suffer with TMJ also have the tendency to grind or clench their teeth.
Patients with TMJ often suffer from sometimes depilating symptoms, including the following:
- Chronic headaches
- Chronic pain in the neck or shoulders
- Clicking, popping, sensitivity, or pain in the jaw
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Tooth pain or sensitivity
Many people who suffer from TMJ disorder do not realize that there is relief with TMJ treatment in Beverly Hills.
How Is TMJ Disorder Treated?
There are a number of treatment options that are available for patients who suffer with TMJ disorder. The first thing that a dentist will do is to provide relief for the patient’s symptoms. There are several different options for this, including a treatment that stimulates the production of endorphins in order to help with pain relief.
The next step is to stabilize the patient’s bite. This is usually done with an acrylic device that is worn over the patient’s teeth. Since the device is made out of acrylic, your dentist can easily adjust the device in order to stabilize and align your bite without having to adjust the teeth.
Once the patient’s painful symptoms have been alleviated and their bite stabilized, the next step the dentist will take is to permanently adjust their bite into the right position. There are several ways this can be done:
- Coronoplasty – This procedure is for bites that are only slightly misaligned. The dentist smooths and reshapes the teeth’s enamel.
- Orthodontics – Braces and other orthodontic devices move teeth to the optimal position, permanently correcting the teeth’s position and bite.
- Removable partial dentures – These partial dentures fit on the patient’s back teeth.
- Reconstruction – The dentist will use crowns to make the teeth higher, permanently realigning the patient’s bite and providing support for the jaw.
Contact Our Office Today
If you suffer from TMJ disorder, it may be time to find out what steps can be taken to address the issue and live a pain-free life again. Call TruGlo Modern Dentistry to schedule a consultation and find out what type of Beverly Hills TMJ treatment we offer that can help you.