Dental Implants Beverly Hills, CA
If you have missing teeth, you may want to look into dental implants in Beverly Hills, CA. These implants are surgically implanted into the jaw and look and feel just like natural teeth. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. Sometimes people tend to underestimate and forget how important dental health is. Moreover, this goes beyond an individual brushing their teeth every day. Furthermore, while flossing is essential to, there is more to it than that as well. One of the most important aspects, when it comes to important and essential dental health, is doing check ups for dental health every year. What this would aid in doing, is that an individual would have a better understanding, as to why teeth issues are developing.
Examples of this include whether their teeth are lined up properly, why the coloration of one’s teeth may be fading, whether there may be any cavities forming and why they may be experiencing teeth or gum pain, and more. These are some factors to take into consideration, when it comes to aspects pertaining to dental health. Moreover, one of the reasons why dental health is important, is because when one does not get check ups yearly, there can be teeth issues that end up unknowingly or knowingly developing, that may be more difficult to get rid of over time, if one does not get an issue resolved quickly. An example of this could pertain to deteriorating teeth, teeth issues that are causing lockjaw, overbite problems, getting braces that are needed to straighten one’s teeth, and more. These are some factors to take into consideration.
Negative Effects of Missing Teeth
Whether it is due to an accident or poor oral hygiene, many adults have one or more missing teeth. Here are some of the negative effects of missing teeth.
- Unattractive smile. One of the most obvious effects of missing teeth is an unattractive smile. As a result, you may feel self-conscious about smiling in public, especially if you have missing front teeth.
- Difficulty chewing. If you have missing teeth, you may also have trouble eating many foods, including fruits, meats, vegetables and nuts. This can prevent you from getting all the nutrients your body requires to stay strong and healthy.
- Trouble speaking. Your teeth play a major role in your speech. If you have missing teeth, you may have difficulty pronouncing certain words and talk with a lisp.
- Bite problems. If you have missing teeth, it can cause adjacent teeth to shift toward the empty spaces. This can create problems with your bite, which may lead to teeth grinding, sensitivity and headaches. This can also cause issues such as lockjaw and overbites. When these issues happen, they can get worse over time, if they are not taken care of in a quick manner. Moreover, if a dentist is backed up with appointments, and one is having severe bite problems, it may be best to eat soft foods like soup and apple sauce, so that the bite does not end up getting worse over time. These are some aspects that are important to take into consideration.
How Dental Implants Can Help
If you get dental implants, you can avoid all the negative consequences of missing teeth. The artificial tooth roots can improve the look of your smile, make it easier to eat all your favorite foods and help you speak more clearly.
Dental implants in Beverly Hills, CA generally require multiple appointments, including the consultation, an appointment to place the implant and and other appointment to attach the crown.
When your dentist surgically places the implant in your mouth, you will be given local anesthesia or IV sedation to ensure your comfort. You may feel tired after the procedure, so you may want to ask a friend or family member to drive you home.
It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising and soreness afterward. You may take over-the-counter pain relievers and use icepacks to relieve your discomfort. You will also have to stick to soft foods, like mashed potatoes and yogurt, while you heal.
If you are interested in getting dental implants in Beverly Hills, CA, schedule a consultation with a dentist from Glo Modern Dental to discuss the procedure in detail.
Top Tips For Preparing For Dental Implants
Many patients are extremely excited about the prospect of getting dental implants. Dental implants can completely change a person’s face and completely change a person’s life. Although this is likely a long-awaited time for you you may be wondering if there is anything you can do to prepare for your recovery after dental implants and prepare you for what you should expect during and after the procedure. It is important that you try to get a friend or loved one to be available during the recovery in case you need help. If you would like to learn more about what our procedure looks like and what to expect, please give our office a call.
- Know Your Limits. This is one of the most important things that you should know when you are going into a dental implant procedure. Getting Beverly Hills dental implants will likely make you unable to do your typical activities immediately following the procedure. It is important to make sure you have care at home while you are resting and recovering from surgery and avoid strenuous activity.
- Eat Soft Foods. Like many other dental procedures, you will want to prepare some soft foods ahead of time or have them ready to go. Things like pasta, pudding, soups, and smoothies are all great ways to continue getting nutrition while you are recovering.
- Talk With Your Dentist About Medications. If you are on any kind of medications or supplements before the surgery, it is important that you speak with your dentist, especially when you expect to go under anesthesia. Your dentist will be able to tell you which medications and supplements are still safe to take prior to your surgery.
- Keep Up With Dental Hygiene. Many people believe that prior to going in for any kind of dental checkup or procedure, they can get away with avoiding their typical oral hygiene routine. This is not the case, however. Oral hygiene is not only about your teeth; it is also about your tongue and your gums. Ensuring you have proper oral hygiene can make your surgery and recovery go by smoother.
- Get Comfortable. Because it involves teeth, many people do not consider dental implants to be surgery like other areas of the body. However, it is so important that you come to your surgery feeling comfortable. This means removing makeup, comfortable, loose clothing (especially for the ride home and going to bed), and comfortable shoes.
Getting dental implants can be one of the best decisions you make. Going into any kind of medical procedure or surgery can be nerve-wracking though, and it is important that you speak with your dentist about any other ways you can prepare for this surgery and ways that you can make recovery easier.
When you are ready to move forward with Beverly Hills dental implants, do not hesitate to reach out to the team at Glo Modern Dental; we care about giving our patients the smiles of their dreams.