SNORE GUARD BEVERLY HILLS & HOLLYWOOD CA
It is estimated that up to 22 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea. This figure doesn’t even include the sufferer’s partners who spend nights awake due to heavy snoring. In extreme cases, sleep apnea can develop into a dangerous condition. Even patients with less severe cases can suffer debilitating symptoms such as fatigue and nightmares. Our sleep apnea dentists at TruGlo can help with these issues with a snore guard.
WHAT EXACTLY IS SLEEP APNEA?
Sleep apnea is a breathing condition that leads to frequent loud snoring during sleep. The instigation occurs when the soft tissues at the back of your throat relax during sleep. This relaxation is what causes the interruption in breathing. The interruptions can last ten to twenty seconds while occurring hundreds of times a night. Sleep apnea typically occurs more in the male, smoker, and elderly populations.
Common symptoms of sleep apnea include but are not limited to:
- Long pauses in breath
- Loud, chronic snoring
- Fatigue throughout the day
- Waking up with dry mouth, sore throat, and headaches
- Insomnia or excessive waking up at night
- Depression, irritability, forgetfulness
- Potential developing problems from untreated sleep apnea:
- Sleep deprivation causes chronic fatigue
- Poor concentration and focus
STOP SNORING AND START LIVING
Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when your tongue restricts airflow in the upper airway. Similarly, when your throat muscles and soft tissue relax, this makes your airway smaller and causes snoring.
At TruGlo Modern Dental, we treat sleep apnea with a snore guard. The snore guard we offer patients is the Silent Nite Sleep Appliance. It’s a thin, flexible, and comfortable snore guard with a proven track record of success. Clinical trials show that the guard could lessen the harmful and disruptive effects and mild to moderate sleep apnea.
WHAT IS A SNORE GUARD ABOUT?
The unique design of the Silent Nite works to gently shift the lower jaw forward while you sleep. In this more therapeutic position, it naturally activates both your airway muscles and ligaments. With sleep apnea, these collapse during sleep, resulting in uneven breathing and snoring.
The Silent Nite snore guard prevents this collapse, allowing air to pass through your airways easily. With easy airflow, snoring fades away, and all you are left with is a deep and peaceful sleep.
Each Silent Nite kit includes extra connectors in various sizes and an AM aligner. An AM aligner helps patients exercise and realign their jaw each morning after using the Silent Nite.
OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA TREATMENT
For severe cases of sleep apnea, our office uses an elastic mandibular advancement (EMA). The EMA is an oral appliance that also provides non-invasive treatment for snoring. This appliance’s great because it’s fully customizable for each patient’s unique jaw structure.
EMAs come with a variety of options for your unique mouth. Nine strap lengths range from 12-21mm. Also, there are four types of elastic options. This variety means there are 36 different unique combinations to choose from.
Dr. Kalasho has used this appliance to advance the mandible and open the bite to allow for less restricted airflow during sleep.
EMA devices focus on delivering restful sleep by preventing the symptoms of OSA, including snoring. Even if you suffer from nasal congestion, the EMA does not obstruct breathing through your mouth.
SNORE GUARD IS BACKED BY CLINICAL STUDIES
These devices have demonstrated to work through clinical studies. Below are some of the confirmed results.
- Oral appliance therapy (OAT) is very effective in treating patients with sleep-disordered breathing, with a compliance rate shown to be as high as 90% over 2.5 years. (1)
- OAT is associated with greater patient satisfaction than nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy. (2)
- In a randomized crossover trial comparing OAT to CPAP in patients with obstructive sleep apnea, about 81% preferred OAT. (3)
- A mandibular advancement device for obstructive sleep apnea reduces nocturnal blood pressure in women. (5)
WHAT IS THE COST OF A SNORE GUARD?
We now offer snore guards from $1,250-2,000, depending on your needs. All sleep and snore guards come with a six-month warranty for any broken or defective guards. (Warranty does not cover lost or stolen guards.)
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY
Snoring and sleep apnea not only affects your overall health, but can also impact your partner. With the help of a sleep apnea dentist at TruGLO Modern Dental, you can bring restful sleep back to you and your partner.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about your available options. Snoring and sleep apnea consultations are now $150.00. Included are an airway scan and 3D imaging.
- Yoshida K. Effects of a mandibular advancement device for the treatment of sleep apnea syndrome and snoring on respiratory function and sleep quality. Cranio. 2000 Apr;18(2):98-105.
- Ferguson KA, Ono T, Lowe AA, Keenan SP, Fleetham JA. A randomized crossover study of an oral appliance vs. nasal-continuous positive airway pressure in the treatment of mild-moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 1996 May;109(5):1269-75.
- Tan YK, L’Estrange PR, Luo YM, Smith C, Grant HR, Simonds AK, Spiro SG, Battagel JM. Mandibular advancement splints and continuous positive airway pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea: a randomized cross-over trial. Eur J Orthod. 2002 Jun;24(3):239-49.
- Bratton DJ, Gaisl T, Wons AM, Kohler M. CPAP vs. mandibular advancement devices and blood pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA. 2015 Dec 1;314(21):2280-93.
- Rietz H, Franklin KA, Carlberg B, Sahlin C, Marklund M. Nocturnal blood pressure is reduced by a mandibular advancement device for sleep apnea in women: findings from secondary analyses of a randomized trial. J Am Heart Assoc. 2018 Jun 21;7(13).
“TruGlo consistently delivers great results. The team is fantastic and has a great attitude. They play great music at the office and are always very direct about the best ways to improve my dental health. Would highly recommend!”