Experts estimate that 22 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea. But that doesn’t include the partners of sufferers, who also spend nights awake listening to heavy snoring. In severe cases, sleep apnea can be a dangerous condition. Even in less serious cases, it can cause an array of symptoms ranging from fatigue to nightmares. With the help of a sleep apnea dentist, you can address these issues easily with a snore guard.
STOP SNORING AND START LIVING
With Dr. Kalasho’s help, countless patients now enjoy deeper sleep every night. Before, patients would spend hours awake. When they did manage to sleep, it was not a satisfying rest. Not to mention their partners were kept awake with their snoring. What made the difference? A snore guard.
WHAT IS A SNORE GUARD ABOUT?
At GLO Modern Dental, we offer patients the Silent Nite Sleep Appliance. It is a flexible, thin, and comfortable snore guard with proven results. In clinical trials is proved with documented success that it could lessen the unhealthy and disruptive effects of snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea.
HOW DOES THE SILENT NITE WORK?
The unique design of the Silent Nite works to gently shift the lower jaw forward while you sleep. In this more therapeutic position, it naturally activates both your airway muscles and ligaments. With sleep apnea, these normally collapse during sleep, resulting in uneven breathing and snoring.
The Silent Nite snore guard prevents this collapse, allowing air to pass through your airways easily. With easy airflow, snoring fades away, and all you are left with is deep and peaceful sleep.
With each Silent Nite kit is included:
- Extra connectors in various size
- Am Aligner
An AM Aligner helps patients exercise and realign your jaw each morning after using the Silent Nite.
EMA FOR A BETTER NIGHT’S SLEEP
The Elastic Mandibular Advancement (EMA) is an oral appliance that provides a noninvasive way to treat snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). It is fully customed for each patient to match their unique jaw shape and structure.
Dr. Kalasho has used this appliance to both advance the mandible and open the bite to allow for less restricted airflow during sleep.
EMA devices focus on delivering restful sleep by preventing the symptoms of OSA, including snoring. Even if you suffer from nasal congestion, the EMA does not obstruct breathing through your mouth.
MULTIPLE OPTIONS FOR YOUR SNORE GUARD
An EMA is available for patients in a variety of options to fit your unique structure perfectly. You can choose from nine strap lengths ranging from 12-21mm. There are also four different elastic options that are each indicated by color. That means there are a total of 26 different strap options allowing for your jaw to be repositioned in the best way for you. With the variety of band options, you can even have lateral or protrusive movement while using the device. Ask your sleep apnea dentist what is right for you.
SNORE GUARD IS BACKED BY CLINICAL STUDIES
These devices have been demonstrated to work through clinical studies. Below are some of the confirmed results
Oral appliance therapy (OAT) is very effective in treating patients with sleep-disordered breathing, with a compliance rate shown to be as high as 90% over 2.5 years.1
OAT is associated with greater patient satisfaction than nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy.2
In a randomized crossover trial comparing OAT to CPAP in patients with obstructive sleep apnea, about 81% preferred OAT.3
A mandibular advancement device for obstructive sleep apnea reduces nocturnal blood pressure in women.5
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY
Snoring and sleep apnea not only affects your overall health but can also impact your partner. With the help of a sleep apnea dentist at GLO Modern Dental, you can bring restful sleep back to you and your partner.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about your available options. Snoring and sleep apnea consultations are now $150.00. Included are an airway scan and 3D imaging.
WHAT IS THE COST OF A SNORE GUARD?
We now offer snore guards from $1,250-2,000 depending on your needs. All sleep and snore guards come with a six-month warranty for any broken or defective guards. (Warranty does not cover lost or stolen guards.)
- Yoshida K. Effects of a mandibular advancement device for the treatment of sleep apnea syndrome and snoring on respiratory function and sleep quality. Cranio. 2000 Apr;18(2):98-105.
- Ferguson KA, Ono T, Lowe AA, Keenan SP, Fleetham JA. A randomized crossover study of an oral appliance vs. nasal-continuous positive airway pressure in the treatment of mild-moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 1996 May;109(5):1269-75.
- Tan YK, L’Estrange PR, Luo YM, Smith C, Grant HR, Simonds AK, Spiro SG, Battagel JM. Mandibular advancement splints and continuous positive airway pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea: a randomized cross-over trial. Eur J Orthod. 2002 Jun;24(3):239-49.
- Bratton DJ, Gaisl T, Wons AM, Kohler M. CPAP vs. mandibular advancement devices and blood pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA. 2015 Dec 1;314(21):2280-93.
- Rietz H, Franklin KA, Carlberg B, Sahlin C, Marklund M. Nocturnal blood pressure is reduced by a mandibular advancement device for sleep apnea in women: findings from secondary analyses of a randomized trial. J Am Heart Assoc. 2018 Jun 21;7(13).